Commissioner – Matt Downs
- Age Group: Boys and Girls, League Ages 11-12 * (9 & 10 year olds under special circumstances)
- Field Size: Regular Little League 46/60 dimensions
- Level of Play: Competitive, Skilled, Advanced
- Season(s): Spring & Fall
- Normal Schedule: One weekday game and one Saturday afternoon game per week. Teams practice once a week.
- Normal Game Location(s): Ludlow-Taylor, Ryan Zimmerman Field
The CHLL Majors Division is the highest level of play in our traditional Little League program. Majors is primarily for 11 and 12 year old players. * We also allow some 9&10 year old players who tryout and have a recommendation from the Majors commissioner, with approval from the parent(s). All 12 year-olds must play in our Majors Division.
Players have “try-outs” for the spring season in February and are drafted onto teams, with every effort made to make sure we have balanced competition. Traditionally, our draft system has produced seasons with consistently competitive games.
Games are officiated by paid professional umpires, and formal scores and standings are kept. Majors games are generally played at a higher level as players are developing more accurate pitching, more skilled fielding, consistently solid hitting, and proper base-running. End of season playoffs are conducted with the winner receiving a championship trophy.